Hindustani Vocal music is the classical music of Northern India. P.F.C Films provides the unique opportunity for students everywhere to learn Hindustani Vocal music from the convenience of their own home through a highly structured curriculum, a clear path for progression, and certifications for completion. Level Certificates are given to students at each of seven levels: Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha and Ni. Each level requires the student to complete the courses listed under it and pass the level exam. Students who are new to the Academy start with the first course in each of the levels, depending on prior experience. Entry into any level will require new students to take and pass the assessment for the prior level.
- First steps into Classical Music, focus on swara, laya and simple combinations. Equivalent: Sangeet Parichay of ABGMV (Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya- Hindustani)
- Creative combinations of swaras and laya, simple compositions. Equivalent: Prarambhik of ABGMV
- Important ragas, rare ragas, singing at various paces (kaal). Equivalent: Praveshika Poorna of ABGMV
- In-depth raga studies, break-through concepts in improvisation, more composition forms. Equivalent: Madhyama Pratham of ABGMV
- Use of complex talas, exploring concert standards, relationship between tune and lyrics. Equivalent: Visharad Pratham of ABGMV
- Raga development, comparative studies, sur sadhana, Pallavis, concert singing. Equivalent: Visharad Dwitiya, or BA of ABGMV
- Electives in advanced topics in Indian Classical Music. Equivalent: Masters Program in Delhi University, Madras University etc.